Friday, September 18, 2015

Color Play Friday: Jetty Island Drift Wood

Week Two of our Color Play!

This week our inspiration photo was one Lorinda took while visiting Jetty Island.

I haven’t been to Jetty Island yet, but it is on the list for a family outing.

Again, finding it easier to pick out fabrics based on a hypothetical project I decided I would work on a picnic quilt palette. Yes we already have a picnic quilt made out of lovely Tula Pink fabric, but who couldn’t use another?!

color play friday jetty island drift wood


The fabrics come from the same shop on Etsy, HandmadeIsHeartmade. The palette is rather monochromatic again, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it eventually.

(Why is it so hard for me to work with browns and greens!!!! **Facepalm**)

I picked out the 5 main fabrics:


I figured if I was really making this quilt the Orange would be in every square, as the focal print, and the browns would be background fabrics, except for the darkest which I would use to frame the quilt.

Then I accidentally found, Persimmon Sweet Potato Marionberry Pie, a small floral print that works, but didn’t have room in my palette so I decided it could be the binding or backing.

I’m curious to see how Lorinda’s turns out. Remember to visit Laurel Poppy and Pine to see her Color Play Palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment