Friday, October 30, 2015

Color Play Friday: Christmas Ornaments

Hey everyone!

It’s Friday finally! I’m looking forward to a quick break this weekend. Maybe I will dust off my sewing machine which I have turned on all week! (Gasp! followed by a sigh!)

I’m going to keep this Color Play Friday post short and sweet. Be sure to check out what Lorinda and Steph came up with. I’m anxious to get my blog published so I can finally see their palettes!

Remember if you would like to join us on Color Play Fridays we would love to have you. Refer to an older post for all the rules, and see the end of this post for the next photo! Then be sure to email us to let us know you are participating.

This week’s photo is from Lorinda. It is of her Christmas ornaments while she was packing them away one year. I love all the gold, and the new sort of gold metallic fabric coming out is quickly grabbing my attention so that is where I went with this fabric bundle.

I didn’t choose a particular shop this week. Instead I just browsed Etsy looking at all the fun gold prints.

Color Play Friday Christmas Ornaments


The browns in this palette actually represent the gold metallic.

Post Cards From Santa Gold Stripe -Riley Blake (Because there are never enough stripes!)
New World Map Black/Gold – Benartex (Because Christmas is around the world!)
Gold Arrows
(Now I’m thinking it might be weird to have arrows with deer, but the arrows are cute)
Twisted Sister Apple Red/Gold -Windham (A nice calm print for once!)
Elk Family -Birch (I guess they aren’t deer after all, but I love how it has the whole family)

I actually don’t do many Christmas themed projects except for pajamas and ornaments, so I don’t have a project in mind for these fabrics. Mostly I just wanted to look at and show some gold fabric! Bling!

Here is next week’s photo. I took it while at Pike Place Market last spring, when I first moved to Washington.

Pike Place Market

No comments:

Post a Comment