Friday, October 2, 2015

Color Play Friday: Garden Tea Party

It’s Friday again!!! That means its time for another round of #colorplayfriday. I’m so so so anxious to see Lorinda’s. We don’t see each other’s until the day of, but we were talking last night about how much fun we were having with this one. It was really difficult to narrow down color and fabric choices!

If you would like to join us in our #colorplayfriday be sure to hashtag your posts so we can find them. We’ve also decided we want to welcome all of our creative friends, so if fabric isn’t your medium feel free to make a bundle of scrapbook paper, yarn, embroidery threads, or anything like that. We would love to see what you come up with.

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
(Next week’s photo is at the bottom of this post so you have time to prepare!)

This week I chose Lorinda’s photograph of a Garden Tea Party. At first I thought I would create a soft, baby-girl, type palette, and then things happened!!!

color play friday garden tea party


I was having way to much fun picking out the colors and one thing lead to another and I decided this was going to be a grown-up-girl bundle of awesomeness!!!

Apparently I’m going into a phase where I’m loving the deep, wine, purple because it has made its way into my palette two weeks in a row. I also have a thing for Cotton + Steel!!! I keeping picking out their fabrics without meaning too, but I was able to get some variety between designers and I totally love it. (I’ll be adding this bundle to my Christmas wish-list!!!!)

All the fabrics this week can be found on Southern Fabrics. I was already spending time on their website yesterday because they announced a sale on Instagram, and a girl can window shop without guilt! Then today the announced a fat quarter bundle give-away on their Facebook, which lead me back into the rabbit-hole of beautiful modern fabrics.

From Left to Right:


Note to self:I think I’m going to try to do a quick tutorial later in October about making a universal wishlist just for the purpose of keeping all of your wants and have-to-haves in one place, easily accessible to the people wanting to spoil you.

Next week’s photo was taken while I was on one of those super touristy tour buses in NYC in 2013. It was an easy way to get around to see lots of areas, but I rather walk miles than be stuck on a bus like that again. Anyway, I took this photo because I loved the contrast between the raspberry pink and school bus yellow! I felt so super trendy!

new york city tour bus


Thank you for checking out my #colorplayfriday. If you decided to participate please drop a link to your post down in the comments so I can link to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment