Friday, October 16, 2015

Color Play Friday: Jellyfish

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda and our new friend Steph.

If you would like to participate be sure to use #colorplayfriday in social media and you can also email me a link to your blog so we can include your posts. (inanotterlife @gmail .com)

This week we are using Lorinda’s photo of a Jellyfish. I picked it because I loved the array of dark colors with the white and translucent jellyfish as a focus.

My color range isn’t very wide this week, because I knew exactly what I would do with the bundle of fabrics if I had them. I would want to make some sort of 4-pointed star out of the white with the darker colors in a scrappy background, so it would look like a night sky with all the stars.

Its been a rough couple of weeks for me. I’m trying my best to “see the light”, but everything just feels really stressful. So I feel like having a wishing star quilt would be a great future project for me so if I’m feeling like this again, I can curl up with my quilt, think of my passions and dreams, and remember I carry them with me. (See I’m looking at the bright side. *smiles*)

Here is my palette:

color play friday jellyfish


The fabrics can all be purchased at Pink Door Fabrics.

Chromatics
(background)
Prisma Elements
(I would make the stars out of this because of the white with metallic gold twinkle)
Tokyo Train Ride
(background) (Probably my most favorite Cotton + Steel fabric)
Story -Newsprint
(background)
Fantasia
(Binding) (Stripe of course)

Last but not least…though its not in the palette I thought the Morning Walk fabric would be a fun background. The quilt would be a starry night on one side, and a blissful walk in a garden on the other. How could you possibly feel bad wrapped up in that sort of magic.

Next week we are going to use my photo of a dinner at the Vault in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This was actually a really good evening for me as far as personal growth, but right now its 2am in the morning and I’m exhausted with a full plate tomorrow so the story will have to wait for later. Be sure to check back next week to read all about it, and see what sort of palettes and bundles we come up with. :)

(Remember to send Lorinda or I a link if you decide to participate, we love that we have people joining in on the fun!)

dinner at the vault tulsa

No comments:

Post a Comment