Friday, November 20, 2015

Color Play Friday: Gummy Bears

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda and our new friend Steph!

If you would like to participate be sure to use #colorplayfriday in social media and you can also email me a link to your blog so we can include your posts. (inanotterlife @gmail .com)

Next week’s photo is at the end of this blog.

Oh my! I struggled with assembling this bundle. I was so excited because there are some chartreuse like greens in this photo, and I can work with that! I hadn’t counted on it being so difficult to find fabric with a pretty chartreuse color in it.

I was also struggling because I didn’t want to use all Art Gallery fabric, but I couldn’t help myself! Everything I was click on through Etsy was Art Gallery! I did get a couple Michael Miller, but they didn’t make the final cut for this bundle.

So here it is… a bundle of Art Gallery!

Color Play Friday Gummy Bears


I did sneak the Navy Cotton + Steel in at the bottom, I figured that would make a pretty backing. :)

These fabrics don’t play as nicely together as I had hoped, but in the correct pattern I think they could have a fun ice cream parlor type of feel. If I were to pick a pattern it would have the solids at pinwheel blocks with a soft cream or ivory and then the yellows floral set in squares between the pinwheels, sort of like an Irish Chain effect or checker board. Who knows if that would actually work, but that’s part of the fun of quilting and making blocks!!!

Fabric List: (All the Fabrics can be found at Bobbie Lou Fabric – more specifically through their Etsy Shop.)


Backing:


Next week I selected Lorinda’s photo of Frost. It seems appropriate because we are getting our first winter storms!

frost

No comments:

Post a Comment