Friday, December 4, 2015

Color Play Friday: Double Feature

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda.

If you would like to participate be sure to use #colorplayfriday in social media and you can also email me a link to your blog so we can include your posts. (inanotterlife @gmail .com)

Next week’s photo is at the end of this blog.

Last week, with Thanksgiving and the start of the Holiday hustle and bustle, I forgot about Color Play Friday!! Shame on me!

So this week is a double feature.

First up is the “Frost” photo, from last week. Lorinda took this photo, and I felt it was perfect because we are starting to get chilly here!!!

I picked all monotone fabrics because I felt like it could make a nice winter quilt that could also be used all year around depending on the backing and binding choices. My favorite fabric in this bunch is the ombre (third fabric down). I’ve seen it in person and it is beautiful for so many projects!

Color Play Friday Frost

I picked all the fabrics, for both Color Play photos, from Stash Fabrics this week. I really enjoy playing with their color section options.


This week’s photo is “Sunset Near Cathcart” I took it last summer while we were attending a friend’s wedding. They couldn’t have asked for a more perfect sunset for their wedding night. It was so beautiful I cried!

Color Play Friday Sunset Near Cathcart

This is apparently my palette of choice lately. Besides the new metallic gold popping up on fabric I’m really obsessed with these purples!


There!!! Finally caught up with #colorplayfriday!!

Next week our photo is on I chose from Lorinda. I picked “Kris Kringle” because I love the colors on her tree, and we are also getting really close to Christmas!!!!

Kris Kringl

We will be taking a break from Color Play Friday on December 18th and 25th. We will be back though at the first of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment