Friday, December 11, 2015

Color Play Friday: Kris Kringl

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda and our friend Steph. (This is are last post until the new year. So much hustle and bustle going on with the holiday!)

I’m going to keep this post short and sweet because I’m making progress in my studio and I want to keep it up.

The photo is from Lorinda this week.

Color Play Friday Kris Kringl


I started with the Festive Nest Fabric (under the pink), and I wanted to try to go Christmas from there. However, I found the Navy Flock birds and thought that should be the focal for all the colors! So yeah, this week’s bundle is a little wacky because I couldn’t make up my mind to cut one of them!

This week’s selection was found on Bella Fabrics on Etsy.


When we solidify the plans for #colorplayfriday for the new year we will let you know. Until then… Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment