Friday, January 29, 2016

Color Play Friday: Crab Pot

We have five people in the line up for #colorplayfriday again this week!!!! I'm so excited to see new people joining in on the fun of this weekly challenge. If you would like to join in next week be sure to check out the Color Play Friday page for rules, tutorials and examples. Also contact Lorinda and/or me so we can get you in the loop with everyone. :)

*Drum roll for the blog roll please*
Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine
Mindy at Quilting Mayhem
Yvonne at Quilty Dream
Steph at Shimmy and More

For the record:
I actually had this palette done last Friday!!! How crazy is that!!!?


I took this week's photo while on my first date with Nathan. It wasn't your typical dinner date -nope we spent basically the whole day together! We walked around downtown Seattle, searched out baby crabs on the beach, and tossed pebbles into the Sound. We went for gelatto, drove around for a while and watched baby ducks.

Our first selfie on our first date

I ate crab for the first time in my life! (Which is the only reason I took a picture of food on our first date because that's definitely something you wait to do until at least the third date!) It was such a wonderful time I didn't want it to end, but of course, it did.

However, he came back down to where I was staying just a few days later to take me to the doctor because I had the worst allergic reaction in my life. I was covered in hives! To this day we still don't know what it was that made me sick, but I'm so thankful he made the trip down to help me. I realized then that he was rather smitten by me, which I was thankful for because I already adored him at that time!

Our help Trina not die date!

Within eight days of meeting Nathan I texted my Mom and let her know that I knew why I had felt such a huge draw to the Pacific Northwest for most of my life. I had finally met the right person for me. "The One". Obviously, my mom was worried, like any sensible mother would be, but as time would tell it wasn't just some girlish fancy. I'm now a total believer in the "when you know, you know" concept. (Also I believe in fate, and magic, and a sort of destiny!)

Now almost two years together, as we continue to deal with hurdles (more than I sometimes feel is proportionate to the amount of time we've been together), he is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Man for me.

He is courageous, strong, protective, supportive, loving, endearing and all around the best a girl could dream of finding. I'm lucky to have him, just like he is lucky to have me. Together we've helped each other become even better people, and we continue to grow. It is such a beautiful experience, sometimes I like to step back and look in as if it weren't me and just appreciate how special our love is.

I found my King, and he found his Lion-hearted woman. There isn't anything in this world that could defeat us. True love always wins, and now I believe in that sort of magic more than ever!

I'm a little over-whelmed by my own sappiness right now! I love our lives so much that this is no longer just a photo of crabs and food! Its more than that for me. It was the meal that started the best part of my life! That's epic people!

So without further ado...
My Palette this week:



I love how this turned out!
These are my "usual" colors, but they are a tad bit warmer.

All my fabric choices this week came from Quilting Mayhem.

Sprinkles in Goldenrod by Cotton + Steel for RJR
Mixology -Herringbone in Grapefruit by Camelot
Natural History Stars by Lizzy House for Andover
Squared Elements in Lemongrass by Art Gallery Studios
Anna Lise -Tribal Study inPrimrose by Bari J for Art Gallery

I don't really have a "main print", but that's okay. I'm pretty sure that Art Gallery has or will have a floral that would help tie all these colors/fabrics in together into one project. Not that it matters right now since I have other things to work on first, but I do think it would be fun to make something special from this palette given the inspiration used to create it. I'll save that thought for another day!

In the mean time, here is the photo by Lorinda for next week's #colorplayfriday challenge. Remember, "newbies" are always welcome! If you decide to join in just let Lorinda and/or I know so we can fill you in.

6 comments:

  1. I love your story. I am a true believer in fate,destiny, and true love. You know, all that mushy stuff. I love the color palette. This is so fun to link up with you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It is fun to have this mini blog hop each week!

      Delete
  2. I love how sappy you are this week, and I'm all like 'seafood grosses me out!' Lol. I too believe that when you know you know and am so glad you and Nathan found each other. I think your palette this week is phenomenal, and I have to say that I saw that Lizzy House print in a shop last week and immediately thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost put the Lizzy House into our Sister Samplers quilt!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I love that story, you had me all sappy and weepy eyed. The help you not does date, perfect. I am so happy for the both of you. Ain't love grand! Love your palette, you caught one of colors I want but couldn't quite get it to pop up. Greathe love story to go worth a great picture! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry typos, the side effect on being on your cell, sigh.

      Delete