Friday, January 1, 2016

Color Play Friday: First Snow

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
Be sure to check out Lorinda’s post as well!

The photo this week is one I took last year. It was the first (only) snow of the season and it was my first snow living in Washington. We went on a little hike as a family, played, and then stayed inside warm and cozy the rest of the day -a perfect little piece of winter wonderland.

Color Play Friday First Snow

I’m kind of obsessed with deer fabric right now, so that is where I went with this. In fact after I finish this blog I’m very tempted to order the Dear Stella Deer Antler fabric just to see if it goes with a panel I received for Christmas!

The Fabrics:

If I was using these all in one project I would definitely try to add more colors based on the Dear Stella antler fabric so it wasn’t so monotone.

For next week’s photo we are going to work from Lorinda’s Grand Prismatic Pool photo. Its so warm after have a freezy photo this week.

Color Play Friday Grand Prismatic Pool

Remember, if you plan to participate in next weeks Color Play post email Lorinda (laurelpoppyandpine @outlook.com) or me (inanotterlife @gmail.com). We would love to link back and share in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment