Friday, January 8, 2016

Color Play Friday: Grand Prismatic Pool

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda’s post as well!

I’m so excited about this bundle. The way the fabrics came together was kind of serendipity!

I was looking for a particular fabric on Quilting Mayhem‘s site. I thought I would use a wood grain in this bundle because I’m kind of on a “natural print” kick lately. That didn’t work out, but I found a different fabric in the shop that worked out perfectly, and then I accidentally found a fabric on Etsy carried by a quilt shop (Owl and Drum) in Tulsa that I used to teach in! And to top off that coincidence I found a shop in Poland! I love to find unique fabric from Europe, and I never know how to search it out so its always a happy accident. (Yay!!!)

So, to say the least, putting this bundle together was a lot of fun!

Ready?

Drum Roll!

Color Play Friday Grand Prismatic Pool

I hope you love it as much as I do!

Its really simplistic looking at it now, but its fun for me on multiple levels!

Here is the line up:


I just found another cool fun fact! I also picked out a fabric from Bari J. and she was the first person I watched on Periscope after Lorinda introduced me to it. How fun is that? Seriously?!

Okay there it is, its fun, and I will take a chill pill over the fabric excitement! Just kidding, I’m already bookmarking things to the wishlist!

Next week we are playing with one of my photos.

This was my very first meal once I moved to Seattle as a “couch surfer” the Spring of 2014! Had I known at the time how quickly my money was going to disappear due to transportation costs I definitely wouldn’t have ordered such a nice meal or extra drink! Oh well, I’m glad I did it at the time. :) It was part of the experience of moving across the country without knowing anyone with only about $500 in my pocket!

Lunchbox Laboratory Seattle Washington
Lunchbox Laboratory Seattle, Washington

Remember, if you plan to participate in next weeks Color Play post email Lorinda (laurelpoppyandpine @outlook.com) or me (inanotterlife @gmail.com). We would love to link back and share in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment