Friday, January 22, 2016

Color Play Friday: Jetty Sunset

With this #colorplayfriday week I'm both excited and mildly disappointed.
Let me lead with the good news...

We have more people joining us!

In addition to Lorinda -from Laurel, Poppy and Pine, we also have Mindy -from Quilting Mayhem, Sarah of Sarah Goer Quilts, and Yvonne from Quilty Dream -both are friends from #honestcraftroomies.

How exciting is that!!??!! It is so much fun to see more people joining us in this weekly challenge.
(If you are interested in joining, check out the #colorplayfriday page to see the rules, tutorials, and past palettes.)
Speaking of "Weekly challenge": I really feel like this was a hard week for me, which is where my mild disappointment comes in.

I'm not really in love with this palette/bundle.

I'm also worried that in real life (off the computer screen) these fabrics might not play well together. When I go into Quilting Mayhem later today I'm definitely going to check them out in real light just out of pure curiosity.

On the flip side, I do love the idea of working with a palette similar to this. I think it could make a really nice gender neutral, maybe even romantic style, quilt for a master bedroom.

It would be easy to make these colors lean more towards the masculine side, but with the right fabric choices it could be dressed up enough to satisfy both genders in a mutually shared space.



The Fabrics:


Later I will try to either edit this post or create a new post with the picture of all the fabrics, live -in person, to see how they actually worked out. In the mean time I don't want to spend more time struggling with it or over thinking it, so I'm going to leave it be.

I think next week's photo will be so much easier. The colors are super fun, and the photo was taken while on my first date with Nathan so it's special to me. :)



If you decide to participate remember to let Lorinda or I know so we can link back up with you.

8 comments:

  1. I found you through Sarah's blog and I think this is a lot of fun. I might join up in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking! We have a lot of fun doing it, and seeing how everyone interrupts differently.

      Let me know if you have any questions about starting. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, each palette is just slightly different. This is fun; thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how these play in real life. Your bundle looks like winter to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trina, I was a little late, but I made a post anyway. Can't wait to work on next week and try google. Thanks for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne. I will add your blog now and send the link to the other girls!

      Delete