Friday, January 15, 2016

Color Play Friday: Lunchbox Laboratory

Here are the rules:
  1. Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures. 
  2. We each create a palette using colors from that picture 
  3. We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette. 
  4. We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday. 
  5. That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.

Be sure to check out Lorinda’s post as well!

This week’s photo is of my first meal after moving to Seattle! I spent entirely to much money at this meet-up gathering considering it would take me a couple weeks to get a job and transportation passes proved much more expensive than I realized. However, it was still worth it!

I’m glad I didn’t know at the time how hard it was about to get financially over the course of the next 2 months following my arrival to Seattle. Had I known I would have worried, and skipped the great meal and all the fun. (It was at a cute and hip diner type place near REI, called Lunchbox Laboratory. If you are ever in Seattle, its a fun little place to check out.)

I haven’t kept in contact with a single person I met at that meet-up group -it was a random thing I found out about the day I arrived. That’s okay though because I didn’t go for them, I didn’t pick the meal or have a cocktail, coffee and water for them. I did it all for me.

It was my victory dinner! After day dreaming through my teenage years and half of my 20’s I had finally made it to Seattle. I was proud of myself for taking the chance and betting on myself -even with the odds stacked against me and the plethora of naysayers behind me. So I bought the meal and spent the time not worrying about a single thing -except how to get back to where I was staying using public transit!!!

For this bundle, I wanted to include as many bright, happy and sassy colors as possible. The Navy and cream had to be included for some balance.

And of course, I found another deer fabric. I swear it was a complete accident!

color play friday lunchbox laboratory seattle washington


The fabrics are all from Stash Fabrics this week.



I picked out several more fabrics that I could incorporate with this, but frankly I’m just to tired to do it right now. I’m seriously considering starting an archive of all the fabric I find on #colorplayfriday that I love, but don’t work into the posts. Wouldn’t that be fun? I digital gallery of goodness! (I will make mental note to work on that later.)

Next week’s photo, Jetty Sunset, is from Lorinda. I feel like this one may prove itself to be quite challenging. That’s okay though, it just means more time searching out the perfect fabrics!

If you decide to participate in #colorplayfriday be sure to email laurelpoppyandpine @outlook.com or inanotterlife @gmail.com so we can share links!

color play friday jetty island sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment