Friday, February 5, 2016

Color Play Friday: Hydrangea

Oh Happy Friday! I'm so glad to see you!!!

I'm so happy for the weekend to be here! Weekends mean hanging out with the family, and doing nothing unless we want to do it!

The only thing I actually have planned this weekend is a Girl Scout Leadership meeting for our troop. We have to work out the details for Cookie booth sales! 'Tis the season folks! Buy Girl Scout Cookies. *smiles*

So if you are new to Color Play Friday thanks for checking it out! Lorinda and I started this back in September as a way to change our creativity and also challenge our blogging skills. We've had a lot of fun with it, and now we have people joining us which makes it even more fun.

If you would like to join in, you can check out the rules here. You will also find our layout tutorials and my palettes from the past.

This week is from Lorinda. I picked it because I wanted to work with the purples. I'm used to working with a Lizzy House for Andover or Cotton + Steel style purple which tend to lean towards plum or fuchsia. I thought it would be fun to work with a more "traditional" purple for once since I'm not normally inclined to use this color.

I also challenged myself to add an extra color/fabric to my normal layout. So that turned out fun I think.



I also did one other thing different this week!

I picked all my fabrics from SpoonFlower. I love SpoonFlower because its like a collective of random creativity from people who haven't necessarily been "discovered" by the quilting/fabric industry yet.

I don't order from Spoonflower often, but so far I haven't been disappointed. I encourage everyone to check it out. It is fun to search for random fabrics because there is so much available. This week I found all my fabrics in a search for "Scandinavian". Again I wasn't disappointed with what I found!


I really like how this turned out. It makes want to spend even more time on SpoonFlower! (Seriously you should search tea towel calendars because I can't be the only one to think that would be adorable!)

Be sure to check out the rest of this weeks #colorplayfriday blog roll:

If you are planning on joining us next week be sure to check out the rules, email us, and have fun playing with this photo taken at the Tulip Festival in Mount Vernon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- I LOVE that you chose all your fabrics from Spoonflower this week! Yay for supporting budding artists! ;) And your choices scream 'outdoor summer wedding in Washington' to me- birds in the air, hearts, foxes hiding in the underbrush, and always, ALWAYS the chance of needing an umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have so much fun searching for fabric on SpoonFlower. Like "Steampunk Octopus"! I'm going to have to keep the summer wedding idea in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Spoonflower. It's where I ordered my purple ninja fabric for my bed quilt. You found some great fabrics. I like that we both challenged ourselves to using more colors this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're great! I love that you chose Spoonflower designs!

    ReplyDelete