Friday, February 12, 2016

Color Play Friday: Tulip Festival

Good Morning Everyone!

It's that time of week again!

If you are joining Color Play Friday with Lorinda and I for the first time this week hop over to my #coloplayfriday page to see the rules to participate, tutorials by Lorinda and I, and my past palettes.

This week's photo was taken by me while at the Tulip Festival in Skagit County in Washington.

Its a pretty big deal! First our family trip started at the fair ground garage sales -so much old junk creative gold! (I definitely have great potential to be a hoarder hidden within me!)

We ate Gyros and mini doughnuts. It was so windy it was difficult to have our picnic, but we managed. Then we drove a little further north to visit the Tulip fields.

I had no idea there were so many types of tulips. The garden we visited had this area where you could walk through to see samplings of each type -sort of like a living catalog of bulbs. We were fascinated. We also had fun thinking of how many tulips we could cover the yard of our future home with, and how happy that would surely make us and anyone who visited.

It was easy for me to pick out the palette I wanted to use this week -again so similar to my normal choices except I'm starting to add green like a pro and without hesitation!

My issue was picking out the fabric! There were so many choices, but I had a hard time find ones that really captured the feeling I was going for, and after hours of searching I finally gave up. At a certain point I totally believe you shouldn't try to force the creativity. It either works or it doesn't. I don't feel like this really works, but its close enough for now.


All the fabrics came from SpoonFlower again this week. I really have a lot of fun bookmarking my favorite fabrics as I scroll by them.


In addition to Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine and myself...
This week we also have the following makers joining us:



If you are interested in joining us next week, our photo is of this big guy, "SkyWalker" taken by Lorinda:

5 comments:

  1. I like that you used floral prints for your fabric choices. I kept trying that but it didn't end up happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your palette and bundle is so light and springy! That fabric for you blue, I just love. Glad to see I'm not the only one who ended up on Spoonflower searching for this week's perfect fabric, lol. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph is right, your bundle makes me think of spring! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some really beautiful, modern florals at Spoonflower! The fabrics for your two shades of blue are my favorites. Great collection of colors and fabrics - clearly related to the image. I've never shopped at Spoonflower, although I've heard a lot about them. Have you ever ordered from them?

    ReplyDelete