Friday, March 25, 2016

Color Play Friday; Dry Sparkling Company


Hello Friday!

If you are joining us for the first time, welcome! You can learn more about what #colorplayfriday is all about on this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well (links at the bottom of this post).

A couple of things to cover first, before this week's photo.

1. After much consideration Lorinda and I have decided to open #colorplayfriday to those with Flickr accounts as well.  Now, you may participate using a blog or a Flickr album. For more details contact us at colorplayfriday@gmail.com.

2. Wednesday we concluded our Burst Your Stash giveaway sponsored by Stash Fabrics. We will be announcing the winners of each bundles on our blogs later today so be sure to check back!  If you didn't have a chance to enter to win, or if you just need to burst your stash anyway, remember you can order our bundles online through Stash Fabrics. You can order my bundle, Lorinda's bundle, or the complete collection.

Now for this week's photo!

I took this photo while at Dry Sparking Company in Seattle, Washington. I was wandering around one afternoon, stumbled into this shop, and sat for a tasting. If you are ever in the area I suggest you do the same, it was a lot of fun.

I wanted to create a bundle that reflected the flow and energy of summer time, and I'm pretty sure I achieved it!  The Flora fabric is one of my favorites. In fact I have it sitting out now, waiting to be turned into a Wherever you Go Wallet.

The fabrics this week can all be purchased at Quilting Mayhem.

Hello Bear -Firefly -Sigh by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery
Flora by Kelly Ventura for Windham
Enchanted Pines -Winter by McKenna Ryan for Robert Kaufman

Note: Enchanted Pines is a dark to light to dark gradient across the width of the fabric. I absolutely love the texture of the pattern, so soft and gradual. I have an idea in my head for a couple possible quilts make around this fabric. You really need to click the link and see both pictures!

Be sure to check out Lorinda's CPF along with the other participants this week.


Sarah S
Steph
Bethany
Chrissy
Jennifer:

Next week's photo is one Lorinda took.  Im looking forward to playing with it, and producing another bundle!

Remember let us know if you are or want to participate in #colorplayfriday.


3 comments:

  1. What a pretty palette. I love the way the Flora fabric and Hello Bear firefly coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, soft bundle! We went in COMPLETELY opposite directions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Flora fabric is gorgeous! I hadn't seen it before but now I really want to get some. Beautiful bundle this week!

    ReplyDelete