Friday, March 11, 2016

Color Play Friday: Minneapolis


Hello Friday!

Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's #colorplayfriday. If you would like to learn more check out this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well.

This week's photo was taken in downtown Minneapolis while I was there to attend my first Spring Quilt Market in 2010!!! I love the architecture in this city, and took so many pictures of random design features through out the mile radius of the hotel I stayed in.

I used a lot of blender fabrics in this bundle centered around the one main print (Hoffman's Skyline). I've never worked with panels before, but I figured that keeping it simple, with only the greens as accent colors, would really help make the panel pop if featured in a quilt.


My Fabrics:

Whisper Prints -Shadow by Robert Kaufman
Skyline -Steel by Hoffman
Jules and Indigo -Dots -Avocado by Valori Wells for Robert Kaufman
Metro Wide -Lime by Robert Kaufman
City Chic 2 -Grey by Anne Tavoletti for Robert Kaufman

Obviously you can tell I was distracted by and found most everything I needed (plus so much more) on Robert Kaufman's website this week!

I can't wait to see what the other ladies have done. It has become a nice Friday morning ritual to wake up, check and share comments.

Bethany at Sew-Not-Perfect
Chrissy at Love Hazel Honey
Mindy at Quilting Mayhem
Steph at Shimmy and More

Be sure to sign-up for our monthly newsletter (on the right side of this page) for all #colorplayfriday updates. Also, come back next Friday because we will be hosting our first sponsored event!!! Well, that and because #colorplayfriday is so awesome already!

Next week's photo:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your bundle is so cool. Like if it was in high school, it would be the kid that everyone else wants to be. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you chose a panel to work around. I wouldn't have thought to do that. Great bundle!

    ReplyDelete