Friday, March 4, 2016

Color Play Friday: Pink Poppy

Good Morning Beautiful, Lovely Friday.

I've had a very productive and tiring week and I'm looking forward to the weekend!

Girls' night tonight with the Little One. A full night's sleep tonight with a 20% chance I'll get to sleep in past 7:00am, and then a weekend full of family time! I'm so ready for it to begin!

And to kick it off we have a fun, bright, springy picture for this week's #colorplayfriday post. I picked this photo of Lorinda's because ..um.. the teal of course!!!

First things first, lets cover the basics: If you are new to #colorplayfriday, thanks for checking it out. Be sure to visit Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine along with the other participants listed towards the end of this post. If you are in interested in joining us, check out the #ColorPlayFriday page for rules, tutorials, and past palettes. You can contact Lorinda and I at colorplayfriday@ gmail .com with any questions you have. Also, we've started a monthly newsletter! It goes out on the last Friday of the month and will occasionally have a blast email if there is a special event going on... like later this month. To sign-up fill up the form on the right-side of my blog.

This week I selected all my fabrics from Quilting Mayhem again because they have a great selection and keep getting it my new favorites! This week they received notice that "Chipper" by Tula Pink is on its way, expected this coming Wednesday, and they made it available for pre-order now. That is where I started, with Chipper "Fox Nap" and went from there!

The fabrics:
Chipper -Fox Nap in Sorbet by Tula Pink for FreeSpirit
Mixology -Honeycombs in Geranium by Camelot Cottons
Elixir -Ikat in Zinc by Camelot Cottons
Petal and Plume -Panache in Fresco by Bari J. for Art Gallery
Sun Print 2016 by Alison Glass for Andover
Black and White by Cotton + Steel

I wanted to keep everything very natural in style... its kind of what I tend to lean towards anyway -at least fun nature prints and some geometric prints. Now you can see why I absolutely had to use the Chipper foxes can't you?

I love how this palette has a little bit from the fabric companies I love the most! I'm really looking forward to see how the other ladies did with their palettes!

Participants this week:
Sarah at Sarah Quilts
Mindy at Quilting Mayhem
Steph at Shimmy and More
Yvonne at Quilty Dream

Next Week's Photo:
I took this photo while at my first Spring Quilt Market in 2010. I really loved the window of this church in particular. Such beautiful architecture.


If you are looking to join us remember to read the rules and email us, and we will send you the photo with more details.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your choices in your bundle, Trina. I am excited about Chipper Fox coming out. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The napping foxes are a perfect print to tie all your colors together! I love all your gorgeous jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete