Friday, April 29, 2016

Color Play Friday: 80's Skate Party



Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's #colorplayfriday. If you would like to learn more check out this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well. (Links listed below.)

Sticking with last week's idea of trying to develop a new palette for a second Gypsy Wife quilt I focused on picking colors and fabric I thought would work will in the quilt. I think most of my upcoming #colorplayfriday posts will be focused on this idea until I secure a final palette because I've decided I'm definitely making Gypsy Wife again!!! (I'll post more details about Gypsy Wife and my second wife, hahaha! later this month when we are ready to launch the scrap fabric giveaway.

As I was adding all the fabric links I remembered one other thing that played a part in the fabrics this week -I chose fabrics from some of my most favorite designers. Obviously there are so many I'm excited to see at Quilt Market, but these are just a few that happened to have the fabrics I needed for this bundle.

The Fabrics:
(All from Quilting Mayhem of course, since that is where I will be teaching!)


The Participants:
Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine (That's my Co-hostess!)

If you would like to join us next week we will be working with Lorinda's photo: S'more Cookie Goodness. Be sure to send us an email at colorplayfriday at gmail dot com for more information.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always in awe of the fabrics you choose! Those Marcia Derse fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete