Friday, April 22, 2016

Color Play Friday: French Food



Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's #colorplayfriday. If you would like to learn more check out this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well. (Links listed below.)

This week I finished working on Gypsy Wife quilt... more about that will come later.  Anyway, I'm preparing to teach it at Quilting Mayhem, and I've been seriously considering making the quilt all over again! (What to the what?!)

I know the quilt is a beast, but I know there are ways to make it easier -which I'll be teaching if you are in the area and would like to learn before you set out on your own!  I think it would be fun to make the quilt again with a more specific color palette instead of just using whatever scraps come together.  So with this thought in mind I was thinking about what color palette I would want to work in.

This photo of a breakfast I ate while in Washington DC, October 2013 has so many of my favorite colors, so its really darn close to being what I think I want the next Gypsy Wife to be.  I'm not 100% set on it, but I'm thinking this is a great direction.  (P.S. If I make the quilt again I will use softer greys and almost whites as my background so all the blocks will really jump out.)


The Fabrics:
(All from Quilting Mayhem of course, since that is where I will be teaching!)


The Participants:
Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine (That's my Co-hostess!)

If you would like to join us next week we will be working with Lorinda's photo: 80's Skate Party.
Be sure to send us an email at colorplayfriday at gmail dot com for more information.


2 comments:

  1. I love it! The peach, eggplant and mustard are colors I never would have thought to put together, but they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A second Gypsy Wife??? What the what is right! Lol. Great bundle this week. I had a hard time working in the green but I love how you made it all come together.

    ReplyDelete