Friday, May 13, 2016

Color Play Friday: Salmon Creek



Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's #colorplayfriday. If you would like to learn more check out this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well. (Links listed below.)


This week I've taken a lot of time to sketch out some pattern ideas, and make samples for the shop. Now it is Thursday evening, and I'm rushing to throw this together on time. I don't like rushing the creative process, but somehow the stars aligned and this palette and bundle came together super quickly! (Love when that happens)

I think I may have used a couple of these fabrics before because, like everyone, I have my favorites! Still I really like how this turned out, and I think that these would be perfect for a picnic quilt.

The Fabrics: 
Curly Cues in Glen by Denyse Schmidt for FreeSpirit
Corner Plaid in Mossy by Denyse Schmidt for FreeSpirit
Dear me in Indigo by Tula Pink for FreeSpirit
Crosshatch in Shale by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman
Allotments in Graphite by Karen Lewis for Robert Kaufman

The Participants:
Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine (That's my Co-hostess!)

If you would like to join us next week we will be working with my photo Zen in Seattle. Be sure to send us an email at colorplayfriday at gmail dot com for more information.

3 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful fabric choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see a picnic quilt made from these fabrics. I really like your interpretation of the photo. This is a bundle I would definitely buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so buy this bundle! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete