Friday, June 10, 2016

Color Play Friday: Brick Wall



Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's #colorplayfriday. If you would like to learn more check out this blog post and visit this #colorplayfriday page for tutorials.

Be sure to check out Lorinda's bundle, and see what the other participants came of with as well. (Links listed below.)


This bundle took more time to put together than I expected. (Good thing I remembered today was Thursday so I wasn't scrambling to get it together Friday morning!!!)

I spent a lot of time trying to make my first palette work. By the time I finally gave up on it, this is what it looked like. (Mind you there were other colors at first, but they just weren't working out either.) I'm really interested now to see if anyone else saw the teal and if they were able to make it work. (Love #colorplayfriday for so many reasons, but that's probably the biggest.)



After that confuddle I took a moment to stretch it out, and come back fresh. Then it only took about 20-30 minutes to get it all together. (Yay!) This week, after the apparently struggle with the first bundle, I decided to opt to find all the fabrics on Hawthornethreads.com using their color tool.



The Fabrics: 

Creative Note: If I was using these fabrics in a project, it would probably be a baby quilt. I would definitely fussy cut the "Little Birds" print. Also, though I love Bari J's artwork, the "Poetic Saddle" print is one of my least favorite in in entirety; however, it is so fantastic when it is cut up. -To me it is a perfect example of how much a fabric change once you start cutting and sewing and cutting and sewing and so forth.

The Participants:
Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine (That's my Co-hostess!)


If you would like to join us next week we will be working with my photo Purplishous Gets Coffee. Be sure to send us an email at colorplayfriday at gmail dot com for more information.

1 comment:

  1. This was a difficult one this week! I also went through one bundle then gave up on it and started over. I love that you were able to pull out the purples. :)

    ReplyDelete