Lorinda at Laurel, Poppy and Pine and I started #colorplayfriday September 2015. What started as a way to challenge our personal styles has started growing to a weekly challenge we share with our creative friends. It is very interesting to see everyone's vision based on one inspiration photo.
- Each week, one of us will select a picture from our joint Pinterest board. These are all pictures that one of us has taken on our adventures.
- We each create a palette using colors from that picture
- We then create a bundle of 5-8 fabrics that is inspired by that palette. They don’t have to be an exact match to our palette, and we can throw in contrasting or accent colors, but the bundle should look inspired by the palette.
- We don’t see the other person’s palette or bundle before we both post on Friday.
- That’s it! It’s going to be so fun to see what we each come up with.
If you would like to participate with us, please contact us so we can share your link on our blogs.
(colorplayfriday @gmail .com)
Tutorials for how we make our #colorplayfriday posts:
Mine using Google Drive:
If you would like the templates I use for Google Drive please email me, and I'll send you links and simple instructions to save them as your own.
Lorinda's using Gimp: